We are the first website of its kind dedicated to connecting engaged couples to Hudson Valley wedding professionals through fresh, innovative, interactive and informative content. We work with only the best and most experienced Hudson Valley wedding professionals to provide you with a detailed look at every aspect of your wedding day experience. We highlight their unique expertise and knowledge so that you can more confidently and quickly choose the perfect vendors for your special day.
In addition, our experts give you tips and advice to guide you through the planning process. They, along with us, will be your personal wedding coaches, so you never feel like you are planning your wedding alone. We are in this together, holding your hand every step of the way.
We are committed to:
• Connecting you with Hudson Valley wedding professionals you can trust and who will make your day one you will never forget
• Helping you eliminate hours of researching by giving you direct access to the most highly sought after wedding vendors in the Hudson Valley
• Providing you with reliable and current information that will answer all your wedding related questions and worries about making sure your day is perfect
• Enhancing wedding expo experiences, so that you can go directly to the vendors you’ve connected with on our site, saving you time and stress
• Highlighting all that is unique and special about the Hudson Valley so that you can confidently say you had the wedding you always imagined
A mentor is a trusted friend and advisor. Someone who has been in your position before and can pass along lessons they learned. A wedding mentor is someone who can educate and guide you through the wedding planning process.
I’m Felicia and I’m so excited to share with you the very best the Hudson Valley has to offer in the wedding industry. My passion for weddings started at a young age, when I had dreams of becoming a wedding gown designer. In college, I spent a semester at the London College of Fashion and interned alongside couture bridal gown designer, Phillipa Lepley.
When I got engaged in 2010, while I knew a lot about bridal gowns, I quickly realized I had so much more to learn about planning. I went into the process completely blind, without a clue as to what I was doing. I was the first of my friends to get married and the first in my family in over 20 years to get married. That meant there was no one I could turn to who had been there before me, who I could ask questions to.
I got wedding planning books and magazines to learn what I needed to know and scoured the Internet for hours, trying to find the perfect Hudson Valley vendors who would help me create the wedding of my dreams. The research was exhausting and incredibly time-consuming. When I found my team of experts, they were the ones that gave me the best advice – better than any book or magazine was providing for me. I really learned so much from them.
Inspired by my wedding planning experience, I started blogging and writing about weddings for publications across the country based on what I knew and learned. However, through my writing, I saw a critical need to have one central location, where couples who want to get married in the Hudson Valley could connect with and learn from Hudson Valley wedding professionals, eager to share their insights and knowledge. That is how Wedding Connections of the Hudson Valley got started.
In addition to being a Hudson Valley bride and successfully planning my own wedding…
• I’ve been a writer and blogger for the wedding industry since 2013. My work has been featured in publications and websites across the country.
• I studied at the London College of Fashion and worked alongside London’s premier couture wedding gown designer, Phillippa Lepley
• I am a member of the International Bloggers’ Association
• I am a member of Hudson Valley Women in Business